We are seeking an experienced technician to work in our Yorba Linda facility. Please see the qualifications required below, resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary based on experience.
The following qualifications are required:
- Know how to set up and read precision measuring equipment such as test indicators, dial indicators, calipers, depth gage, etc.
- Experience working with cylindrical fits, for example, working with shafts with high precision fits that may be a sliding fit or interference fit. Experience with shrink fits and press fits.
- Experience working with threaded parts. Knowing how to torque bolts or nuts to proper amount, applying loctite and how to prevent seized components. Experience working with seized components and taking them apart with minimal damage. Working with helicoils and know how to tap threads.
- Experience with assembling and disassembling complex assemblies. Experience documenting the disassembly process and match marking components to aid in the reassembly. Documenting quality controls as complex assemblies are assembled.
- Experience working with rotating equipment and the importance of proper clearances, tolerance stack ups. Experience to determining unusual performance due to unpredicted vibration, rubbing , high temperatures and parts yielding expanding or yielding at high speeds.
The following qualifications are strongly preferred:
- Experience working on equipment with speeds of 18,000 rpm or higher.
- Experience working with CNC spindles and automatic tool change systems such as HSK and ISO standards.
- Experience with angular contact bearings, their different mounting configurations and styles.
- Some familiarity with machining and metal removal by grinding and cutting (surface grinders, lathes and mills). CNC programming not required.
- Experience with maintaining shop equipment such as air compressor systems, hydraulic presses and grinders.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Punctuality and consistent hours. We will work with flexible hours but attendance is important.
- Maintaining a clean and safe shop environment. Work areas and tools must be organized.
- A great work attitude and the ability to share ideas to improve the work place.
- The ability to manage and train others as the company grows.